Thursday 12 March 2015

Moula Ali Yard III


Moula Ali Yard III, Watercolour on Paper, 20" X 14" 
I love painting trains and associated stuff and so I find railway marshalling yards very interesting. This place is very close to my house and mostly quite deserted. Therefore painting en plein air is not a problem. It took me about 2 hrs to finish this. There were a few passers by who stopped for a while to watch me paint, but without creating any disturbance. All in all it was good fun coupled with substantial learning.
All comments and critiques are most welcome.

2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Vinayak,
It is a beautiful, well-designed and strikingly rendered painting!! I so admire you for getting out there, and painting en plein air.
Kathryn

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Kathryn. I felt like having been stuck in an artist's block for some time now and the only solution seemed to be painting without worrying about the results. This is the first piece I find presentable amongst about 30 pieces I did recently.