Thursday 19 June 2014

Polo: Commissioned Pet Portrait


Polo, Pencil on Paper, 11.5" X 8.5" 
I was commissioned to do this portrait of a dog named Polo by his owner. Unfortunately the dog is no more and this is to serve as a memory of this lively and beautiful creature. Though the drawing is small I felt a huge sense of responsibility in doing this as I had to capture not only a likeness but also the elusive emotion in his eyes. I hope I could do justice here. Thankfully the collector and her family are very happy with the drawing.
Thank you all for dropping by. All comments and critiques are most welcome. 

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

This is wonderful Vinayak. I can see why the family is pleased. I hope everything is good with you and your family.

Ash said...

Absolutely awesome!