Sunday 13 May 2012

Repairs Before the Tide Comes In


Repairs Before The Tide Comes In, Watercolour on Paper, (13.5" x 15.5")
I have painted boats after quite some time. I just love to paint boats and coastal scenes in general and it was so refreshing to paint this one. This is not done from any specific photograph or reference. Its actually done by commbining five or six sketches and colour studies. I have done this on Arches paper. I tried this paper for the first time and was a little anxious because I did not want to ruin all the homework that had gone into in before the final thing was done. I must say I was most pleasantly surprised, especially so with the freshness of the colours and the ability of the paper to avoid formation of backruns. With handmade paper its really difficult, if not impossible to do this.


I am planning to paint a few more boats before touching any other subjects


Thank you so much for visiting my blog. . Comments and critiques are most welcome!

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Vinayak, I can see from the painting how much you loved painting it. The colors just dance on the paper! It's a beautiful scene, and you have done it justice. The colors and perspective are perfect.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

This is so professional. What great skill you have and you still put an emotional quality in your paintings too.I feel the atmosphere.

yasha said...

Amazing work!You are at your best when you paint boats.I wish I could paint them as confidently as you do.

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Kathryn, I really did enjoy every moment of it.
Thank you Julie, such comments are so very encouraging.
Thanks Yasha, I find it stragne at times that I love to paint boats when I havent ever lived near the sea or even near a river.:)